It has been shown that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. It helps weight control by maintaining your blood sugar levels. Gives your metabolism a boost after fasting during the night, so you have more strength for physical activity. Improved performance and concentration in your job, school and every day life. Breakfast can also lower your cholesterol levels.
So, with all these great reasons to eat breakfast, we need some exciting nutritious ideas:
– Spread 1/2 an avocado on 1 piece of whole-wheat toast and top it off with a poached egg.
– Blend 1 Tbsp of any natural nut butter with a banana and some almond or soya milk, to make a quick and healthy smoothie.
– Lightly sauté some veggies and add 3 eggs to make scrambled veggie eggs.
– Chop some fresh fruit and layer it between some natural or Greek yogurt.
– Breakfast Burrito – scramble 2 egg whites, 1/4 cup beans, salsa, low-fat cheese and wrap it all together in a whole-wheat tortilla.
– Morning Glory Muffins – use oat flour, carrots, zucchini, raisins and yogurt and make delicious homemade muffins.
– Quinoa oatmeal – instead of using regular oats try using cooked quinoa, as it has more protein.
– Leftover eggs – use left over veggies from the night before and toss them with some scrambled eggs.
– Zucchini and oatmeal bread – find a great recipe here – www.ohshglows.com
– Pumpkin oatmeal bowl – blend pumpkin puree with cooked oats and add some pumpkin pie spice and almond milk.
– Ricotta and tomatoe breakfast sandwich.
– Overnight oats – mix together 1/2 cup of raw oats with almond milk, raisins, strawberries or any other soft fruit and leave overnight in the fridge.
– Protein pancakes – mix together almond or coconut flour with egg whites, protein powder and some spices and pan fry gently in a heated pan. Use some Greek yogurt instead of maple syrup.